1.800.667.8721  

Ectrostatic Filter

With all of the different types of filtration systems for air purifiers, finding one for you and your family can appear to be a daunting task. In order to make your experience a bit less stressful, having some information on the various types of filters may be extremely useful in your decision making. Many home air purifiers contain an electrostatic filter. This type of filter is extremely efficient in removing up to 95.3% of airborne particles such as dust, pet dander, pollen, lint, and human skin flakes that circulate throughout most homes. In addition, this type of filtering process is able to attract particles in your home's air that are as small as .3 micron (where 1 micron equals 1/25,400 of one inch). To better understand microns and their size comparison, take a look at the following:

*The eye of a needle measures at 1,230 microns
*Human hair can range anywhere from 40 to 300 microns
*Tobacco smoke ranges from 0.01 to 1 micron
*Beach Sand measures at 100 to 2000 microns
*Pollens: 10 to 1000 microns
*Household Dust: 0.001 to 30 microns

Those numbers clearly indicate that the electrostatic filter is able to remove the minute and unnoticeable particles throughout your home. Furthermore, we are only able to see about 10% of the particles in our home's air and the remaining 90% of those airborne particles float around unnoticed to the naked eye. The electrostatic filter removes these particles by using electrostatically charged filtration medias to attract the unwanted particles from the air. The way in which this process works is that a non-harmful static charge is produced
and the static charge attracts and traps the airborne particles into the filter. Particles are then stuck inside the filter and no longer remain in the air.

The amount of cleaning and maintenance involved with your purifier's filter may also determine which type is the best fit for you. It is essential that the electrostatic filter be cleaned regularly to maintain maximum air flow in the system and to prevent dust build-up. It is important to be cognoscente of the maintenance of your electrostatic filter because dust build-up may reduce the filter's effectiveness. Ways in which to clean your electrostatic filter include using a vacuum to remove any heavy dust build-up and washing the filter with mild detergent and water. It is important to keep in mind that cleaning your electrostatic filter should be done approximately every 3-4 weeks, or as needed.

If you have decided that an electrostatic filter is the right kind of filter for your air purifier, some brands and models that contain this type of filtering system include the following:

*FilterStream AirTamer® Personal Ionic Air Purifier
http://www.airpurifiersgalore.com/airpurifier-flpa6006.htm
*Lake Air Excel 120V Residential Air Purifier
http://www.pureairproducts.com/airpurifier-lkepa1200.htm
http://www.airpurifiersgalore.com/airpurifier-lkepa1200.htm
*AllerAir 5000 DS Exec Air Purifiers
http://www.airpurifiersgalore.com/airpurifier-alrpa1044.htm
http://www.pureairproducts.com/airpurifiers-alrpa1044.htm
*Lake Air Maxum 230V Residential Air Purifier
http://www.airpurifiersgalore.com/airpurifier-lkepa1215.htm
http://www.pureairproducts.com/airpurifier-lkepa1215.htm
*Blueair 201 HEPASilent™ Air Purifier
http://www.airpurifiersgalore.com/airpurifier-blupa8000.htm
*Lake Air LA-Table 120V Residential Air Purifier
http://www.pureairproducts.com/airpurifier-lkepa1224.htm
http://www.airpurifiersgalore.com/airpurifier-lkepa1224.htm

 



 

 

  Air Purifiers
  Portable Air Purifiers
Whole House Air Purifiers
Replacement Filters
Accessories
Room Air Purifiers
 
  Humidifiers
  Portable Humidifiers
Room Humidifiers
Accessories
 
  Air Circulation Fans
Ceiling Fans
Accessories
 
  Bathroom Fans
Ceiling Mounted
Fan Only
Fans with Light
Fans with Heaters
Decorative Fans
Humidity Sensor
Recessed
Remote Inline
Wall Mounted
Kickspace Heater
Passive Inlet
Utility
Timers and Controls
Ductless
Energy Star®
Bathroom Ducting Accessories
 
  Range Hoods
  Wall Mount
Island Range Hoods
Under Cabinet
Ventilator Power Packs
Downdraft
Range Hood Accessories
Remote Blowers
On Sale
 
  Dryer Booster Fans
  Dryer Booster Fans
Accessories
 
  Utility Fans
  Wall Mounted Inline
Furnace Boosters
Kickspace Heaters
On Sale
 
  Whole House Fans
  CVS Inline Fans
Air Exchangers
Attic Fans
Accessories
  Other EefaCo Stores
  KitchenSource.com
ShopEntertainmentCenters.com
Homecomforts.com
 

 

   About pureairproducts.com
Fair Price Guarantee
Resources
Shop By Brand
Link To Us
    Contact Us
Order Status
Gift Certificates
    Shipping Information
Return Policy
Terms & Conditions
    Privacy Policy
Security Information

AOIFE Company, LLC is a BBB Accredited Business. Click for the BBB Business Review of this Kitchen Accessories in Stratford CT


PureAirProducts.com is an Aoife Company, LLC store. ©Copyright All Rights Reserved.